Reliability of network infrastructure assures constant operability, ensuring economic work. As technology progresses, networks quickly transform.
This can be especially seen in safety branch where standards change the fastest. Therefore it is worth considering periodical network reviews, giving yourself a chance for early identification of threats and elimination of their source.
The most important properties defining wireless network’s quality are:
- Reliability: defined as resistance of the wireless network to faults. In this case a very important issue is redundancy level of access point and key network elements’ (controllers, RADIUS servers) range. The higher the redundancy level, the more reliable is the network
- Safety: defined as resistance of wireless network to hacking. Safety of network is a particularly important element which may not only influence operability of company systems but also safety of confidential data. Security system loopholes may be exploited to disturb the network (e.g. implement a virus) or to block it entirely
- Optimum configuration parameters of work of specific elements of the network should guarantee high reliability of network (bandwidth), continuity of transmission (e.g. in roaming process), unobstructed work of devices, and impose access rules for selected employer groups to selected data.
The result of the conducted audit is:
- Description of condition of network elements,
- Analysis of configuration of network elements,
- Analysis of frequency spectrum for occurrence of industrial interference/noises in wi-fi network,
- Conclusions from the analysis and statement of level of potential hazards,
- Suggestions on modernization and configuration enhancement